Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The happiest day of my life....

Oh the joy of sweet wedded bliss, this was only hours after our wedding in the Provo Temple we were so happy! I really was so in the 'Love Zone' of being engaged, I really didn't care what my wedding was like, I mean Rob and I did contribute to the ideas of the wedding and stuff, but we were just so happy we didn't care about spending a lot of money or having our wedding reception in a super fancy location, I bought the first dress I tried on, told the floral shop to do what they though would be nice in our budget, and I would be happy with whatever and where ever, and it was Wonderful! Looking back now, I seriously laugh and say oh my gosh I really had my reception in the church gym with carpeted basketball lines on the floor! All of my flower were fake and forest green and burgundy, (when I asked for fuchsia pink) But seriously at the time I felt like it was the most beautiful reception ever! The 'Love Zone' is a wonderful thing!

I had a ton of friends and family as brides maids, I just told them all to wear green or pink or both! I actually still talk to all of these fun girls often even after almost 20 years since high school, L to R Kim Orr, Joanne Spafford, Me, and Gina Perkins!
So, I used to always pull funny faces in all of my pictures, it is so crazy that I found these photos today and I was cracking up so hard I though I should share them!
A little closer look, I think I am so talented that I can even make my little lips do that! Ha
It was funny because Rob and I just posed for this picture before the reception, we never even cut the cake, we were too in a hurry to get the heck out of there! SO funny, we heard later that Robs brother ended up cutting it for us after we left because people wanted a piece of cake! We left at 9:00 because that is what the invite said, so we split :)

Our first kiss...On the cheek.. No not really but that is what we were pretending in this photo! Ha ha ha.... Was I bored? I don't know, I just wanted to have pics I could laugh at! LOL
We were so happy to be married it was unreal how excited we both were!

Jumping off the fountain in front of the Provo Temple back in 1992! It really seems like just yesterday, we were so young and so ready to start our lives, I grew up in Provo Utah and as a kid we would take walks around the Provo Temple with my 8 brothers and sisters, and I would always dream of the day I would be married there, so when Rob and I first started dating I told him we had to get married in the Provo Temple and he was more than happy to make my wish come true, luckily he proposed to me two months after the day we met and he married me only two months after our engagement. A four month courtship was all we needed! I feel so blessed, and feel that it is so incredible to be married to my best friend now for almost 17 years, and 4 kids later!